Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ode to CERN

In tunnels deep beneath Die Schweiz's trails:
Magnetic coils gain power at command,
By engineers who hope they will unveil
A phsyics marvel new to any land;
Though budget problems threatened to disband,
The mighty Hadron, over sixteen miles,
Which cost quite more than its initial plans;
But now stands ready to partake of trials,
This new construction's bound to make bold Hermes smile.

Though some cry danger, and forsee our death,
For fear the test may cause a new black hole,
The rest of us await with bated breath,
To see what can be learned from Science bold,
And hope that out of this vacuum-like cold,
The sought-for Boson will to us reveal,
The secrets of our universe so old,
And like Prometheus, the fire will steal,
And give us a new definition of what's real.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7604293.stm

No comments: