Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vet Bill Woes

Our Athos has been a bad kitty,
And that's why I'm penning this ditty:
He swallowed a string,
Shat out the same thing,
Now Athos is feeling self-pity.

No ruptures were found in his bowels,
Though you wouldn't know that from his yowls:
I saw the vet's bill,
And soon felt a chill,
"It's how much!?" was all I could howl.

Our new cat, Athos (like the musketeer!) swallowed a string some time. We suspect it was before we got him on August 30th, as we don't leave string around and he's had diarhhea and some vomiting the entire time since then. Fortunately it didn't rupture his intestines or get knotted up on the way out, so he's relatively okay. The vet cut him open to check the intestines for ruptures since that can lead to nasty infections, but they were just a bit sore. Phew. Nonetheless, he has been an expensive cat so far: this is the fourth time we've had to take him to the vet in the past 9 days. Hopefully now he will be doing better!

No comments: