Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cyclone Nargis

On Burmese shores the aftermath still shows,
'midst accusations of the inhumane,
In Irawaddy delta, ruled by woes,
The Burmese Junta gives in with disdain,
And finally accepts care for the pain,
Of all its starving citizens who wait,
For food to come so they can eat again,
Too weary and unfortunate of late,
To take into their hands the matter of their fate.

The vote on which the Junta were hell-bent,
They carried out despite the nation's plight,
And claim they passed by ninety-two percent,
"Democratized" their governmental right,
And now they have "the people's" gathered might,
Or so they'll claim, when foreigners look in,
To criticize this or the other wight,
For something they perceive to be a sin,
And as before, the government, not people, win.

No comments: