Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Zimbabwe Poll Run-off: Dare We Hope?

In southern Africa the time draws near,
For hope to find its glory or defeat:
Election run-off peaceful? Or as feared,
More threats of violence spilling into streets,
With ethnic cleansing claims, and such downbeat,
Disasters as were in the Kenyan state;
Mugabe and Tsvangirai will compete,
And all the other nations can but wait,
And see what will emerge for this one's lonely fate.

As always in the governmental world,
The people seem to gain the greatest loss;
As standing 'neath your leader's flag, unfurled,
To show the opposition who's the boss,
Oft seems to lionize the very dross,
And send into the margins those who care,
In an attempt to force your views across,
So that your leader can be sent up there,
To stand triumphant and to glory in fanfare.

No comments: