Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Guantanamo

This one is terrible. My apologies.

As time draws onwards in the world outside,
The seasons passing as they often do,
The men in here were tortured 'til they cried
Their secrets--whether real or made anew--
To stop the painful agony endured,
And Paying ev'ry day for alleged crimes,
Against humanity; This treatment rude,
Their fondest mem'ries of their native climes,
Obliterated by their captors over time.

And now the US Supreme Justice states,
That in their cells they must forever sit,
Unable to be freed or face their fates,
For crimes of war they did, or not, commit,
For reasons as here follow: As, to wit,
The treatments used to have them spill their guts,
Don't sit too well with international writ;
So there they'll stay under this sad tenet,
Which surely is enough to drive all sane men nuts.

No comments: