Prologue to this Blogue


So then as follows are my duties here,
To often post up interesting things,
And if I can find none of those, ne'er fear,
I shall make up a number of doings,
To lend to your imaginations wings;
And if my scansion doth destroy your brain,
I can but lift my hands, and grasp and wring,
In anguish at the thought of causing pain,
When all I wanted was to please the lofty brain.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Live Bookmark Feed Failed to Load

Today, my live bookmark feed failed to load, so I thought I would write about that instead of the news.

Alas, the dreary morning of today,
Did also play a hand in my distress;
It led my RSS reader astray,
And left me sans sujet and in much stress,
As I would have to work with much finesse,
To point my browser to the news by hand,
And see what happened; there was no express,
To show me quick what happened in the land,
And thus instead I wrote this garbage, quite unmanned.

Alas, poor firefox! Though I knew it well,
To misquote Shakespeare, and to merry make,
Thy noble rule is over, shot to hell!
Alas! Alack, to think you were a flake,
And all it took was one simple mistake,
In someone's coding, though I know not where,
And crunch, and smash, and crash, you swiftly break,
Thus leaving me with nothing left to share,
Save gibberish I wrote from nothing as I dared.

No comments: